Reverend Jen Presents
Elf Girl: A Memoir Book Party
"The Greatest Book Party Ever!"
Wednesday, October 26th, 10 p.m.
Bowery Poetry Club
(308 Bowery, take ‘F’ to 2nd Avenue)
Let’s face it: Most book parties suck! They usually start (and end) early while featuring authors droning on and on from their books and doing little else. Not at Rev. Jen’s “Greatest Book Party Ever” the celebration for the release of her hilarious new memoir, Elf Girl (available from Simon & Schuster 10/25.) If you can imagine a party organized by Warhol’s Factory, Kotter’s Sweathogs and Led Zeppelin Circa 1969, you’ll have some idea of what to expect! Among the magical evening’s scheduled events, there will be:
- "Penis Cupcakes!" and Drink Specials
- An “Ass-Clapping Contest!”
- Live Performances by great musical acts including A Brief View of the Hudson and Sean T. Hanratty
- Burlesque by Fem Appeal and others (T.B.A.)
- Male and Female Elf-Eared Go-Go Dancers!
- A “Prom-Style” Photo Booth
- Inevitable Full-Male Frontal Nudity
- A *very short* reading from Rev.
- Finally, an anything-goes open mike from 12–1 a.m. (performers get 4 minutes each!)
- Inappropriate Party Favors for Everyone!
Elf Girl tells the story of Rev. Jen’s rise from uncool adolescent to Patron Saint of the Uncool, Art Star, Downtown Open Mike Host and Celebutante. It will be available everywhere books are sold and stolen on October 25th, 2011.
"Rev. Jen is a beautiful outsider whose tales enlighten, titillate and profoundly amuse.”
– Jonathan Ames
"Rev. Jen is one of those amazingly good, if unlikely, things the universe throws up once in a blue fake-fur-covered moon. Her books are funny and perceptive and like nothing else anybody has written." – Neil Gaiman